Halo MCC Known Issues And New Features Revealed For Xbox One And PC
Halo developer 343 Industries has upgraded its list of known issues for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The studio is currently working to fix these issues, however, the developer also cautioned that it is currently prioritizing the launch of Halo 3 to PC ahead of mending these lingering issues.
“The extent and consequences of these issues vary greatly so while some might see decent motion in a given month, others may not,” 343 clarified in a blog article .
On Xbox, 343 confessed that it’s aware of”performance issues” for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3, and it is working toward a fix. Additionally, the studio has acknowledged issues with the pistol spread for Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer when playing at higher frame rates on PC. A preliminary fix is already released, but the developer continues to track down issues that are persisting.
343 is also investigating various audio and stuttering difficulties, while the studio is looking into mouse input problems as well. It is possible to see the full rundown of known issues below.
The studio also identified new features which are in active development, some who are in the design phase, and others that are in a”backlog” and might be addressed in a subsequent date. Things like dual key binds and accounts linking for Steam have been in development, while 343 is looking at text chat improvements and much more mod support to present afterwards.
On a longer timeline, 343 stated it is considering bringing PC features like FOV sliders to console later in development, but it’s not promising that this will be delivered. You may view a list of all of the new features in evolution for MCC down below.
In addition to Halo: MCC, 343 includes another team working on Halo Infinite for launch later this year for a launch title for Xbox Series X.
Halo: MCC Known Issues (June 1, 2020):
- Xbox Performance: Performance improvement for HCE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 have been rolled in the Halo 2 Launch, we’re continuing to research additional reported performance problems for each title and will continue to update with every release.
- Pistol Spread for H:CE MP with Higher FPS: The remedy for this has been rolled out using H2s launch, we are gathering feedback and will investigate any reports of the issue still persisting that come in through the community.
- Audio Issues: Over the past month we’ve hit this area hard with analyzing, including going out to some section of the Ring 1 flight group for testing. We are currently fixing the few remaining problems and wrapping up testing on the side. Once done, this will probably be released in either in a flight or through a patch/release to gather further feedback.
- Stuttering Issue: There is no active development being done with this at this time, but we are continuing to investigate.
- Menu Performance: We have made some improvements in this area that are planned for a future update. If you are encountering issues with this, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support site.
- Display Tearing/Vsync: Some bugs that have been fixed around these issues will likely be coming from our next release while we continue to improve this over time. If you are experiencing issues with this, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support website .
- Co-Op Latency: No upgrades with this one. There’s not any active development occurring around improving/re-writing the network code around this region of the game.
- Double important Bindings: This work was verified as functioning for Reach and is presently in the planning process for merging in to our main branch and extended testing and flighting. There is still work that needs to be planned and implemented on to deliver this performance to the remaining games.
- Mouse Input: That is a place of the sport that we will continue to monitor and improve upon where we can. If you are encountering issues with this, please submit a ticket in the Halo Support site.
- View Model: This work was confirmed as functioning and is now in the planning process for merging in to our main branch and extended testing and then discharge.
- Idle Stops matchmaking: That is still on our list but nothing fresh to discuss on this one as we attempt to handle increased priority problems.
- Aim Assist: No updates on this currently.
- Achievement Issues & Service Tickets: We have continued to fix bugs around reported accomplishment problems. If there are accomplishments which you are still encountering issues with especially, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support website .Actively in Development
- Progression System improvements including Challenges (first flight with H2, evolution is ongoing and progressing nicely)
- UI/UX Improvements around navigation, roster, personalization, and many more areas of the game (being tested in different division, will be merged, also released after ready)
- Double Key Binds (support for Reach being tested in different branch, will probably be merged, also released once prepared )
- View Model Adjustment (being analyzed in separate division, will probably be merged, and released once ready)
- Steam Account Linking (being tested in different branch, will be merged, also published once ready
- In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments (being analyzed in different branch, will probably be merged, and published once prepared )
- Customization Improvements (Added)
In Style Iteration
- Additional Mod Support
- Text Chat Improvements (transferred back down into design iteration. There are additional aspects we Will Need to take into account, so development is being paused while we solidify design)
- Added Video Settings/Options
- Custom Game Browser (Additional )
- Input-based Matchmaking (Added)
- Regional Server Selection (Additional )
- Cross-Play involving Xbox & PC (Added)
- Better ways to Report Players (Additional )
- Double Key Binds (Added: additional game support)
- VFR Improvements to Attain & H2A (Added)
- Idle System Improvements
- Bringing PC Characteristics to Console (Like FOV Sliders)
- Additional Access Support