Warcraft III Reforged Patch Notes 1.32.6
Blizzard has released a new upgrade for Warcraft III Reforged. Below you’ll see all information about this upgrade on June 4th.
Warcraft III Reforged Update 1.32.6 is now available for download. You have to download and set up a total of around 1.6 GB.
- Raccoons no more fade off unnaturally during their death animation in Reforged mode.
- Fixed an issue with all the Northrend Tree Wall Doodad in which they appeared white on the minimap.
- Resolved an issue with walking animation rate in some specific campaign maps.
- Fixed a desync caused by script timer whose first interval is significantly less than the game FPS.
- Fixed a heritage issue at which the Summoned Damage data field for Feedback abilities was capped at 10. This didn’t affect competitive multiplayer, but was inconvenient for custom map makers.
- Thunderclap cooldown increased from 6 minutes to 7 minutes across all levels.
- Developers’ notes: Over the last year, the Mountain King’s Thunderclap was marginally overperforming. While meta modifications in 1v1 have observed its use reduced, it remains a very powerful ability in team matches. We wish to cut back its uptime, which should also allow players to better micro from the Mountain King by giving them more time to switch between casts.
- Attack delay increased from 1.35 to 1.4.
- Programmers’ notes: This change is centered around the Human Genome Nighttime Elf rifleman push. We do not inherently want the rifle push to fully evaporate nor to riflemen to fall too far in power, but rather because of its push to be slightly more equal between the attacker and defender. We are adjusting the power on either side, with this being the Human side of this change.
- Resurrection mana cost decreased from 200 to 150.
- Developers’ notes: Resurrection has the restriction of waiting to get a player’s military to be dead before being cast. Lowering the mana cost should help boost the desirability of the ultimate by reducing mana tension.
- Developers’ notes: We are decreasing the mana cost to assist with mana tension. The supreme itself was not altered at this time, as we want to keep the unique individuality of how it functions, and instead see if we can push it to be a bit higher of a choice through increasing availability of the spell.
- Earthquake duration reduced from 25 to 20 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 150 to 125. Earthquake no longer impacts friendly units/structures.
- Programmers’ notes: With Earthquake no longer affecting friendly units, Far Seer players should finally have a brand new slowing option available to them for battle usage. Reducing the duration while maintaining the general damage about the very same makes reacting to a Far Seer projecting Earthquake more important and provides a little more consistency to just how much damage it can inflict.
- War Stomp cooldown increased per degree from 6/6/6 to 7/7/7.
Developers’ notes: War Stomp has shown to be rather successful lately. We believe this is more due to Tauren Chieftain’s ability to more consistently send stuns, in place of the damage growth to War Stomp. Simply decreasing its harm would be less inclined to lower the power of War Stomp. This change increases the downtime of the ability at level 3, giving opponents more time to counter micro. Additionally, this interrupts the Tauren Chieftain’s early game allowing opponents to push map control.
- d from 10 to 9 seconds. Detection radius decreased from 250 to 175. Activation time reduced from 1.0 to 0.5.
- New data factor in map editor: Detonation Delay.
- Developers’ notes: Paper Doctors are still fairly rare in high-level play. We want to tune up its Stasis Trap ability, and to do that we looked to the way that it could trap more components. A smaller detonation ring combined with a shorter delay means that units are going to have less time to move through the region of effect prior to getting trapped and may have less time to strike the totem when it shows itself.
- Developers’ notes: While we enjoy where the Keeper of the Grove’s ancient game power is, we want to provide this ability just a small increase in the late game. Since armies grow in size, particularly in team matches, reinstating its old range should provide the Keeper a little more ease of use in late game scenarios.
- Tranquility Invulnerability time removed. The duration reduced from 15 to 12. Repairing increased from 40 to 48.
- Programmers’ notes: Before we tried an experiment with Tranquility where we’d give invulnerability to heroes when projecting channeled spells. After testing it, we are moving away from this, as we feel it dampens the character of channeled abilities. Ideally, a channeled ability is very strong with the downside of becoming incorruptible. This really is also what provides the abilities their character, as finding the right time and location to make the most of its own power is the main gameplay of using them. Adding invulnerability clouds this, as it now acts more like a normal”cast and neglect” spell, but with a bit extra bonus on the end. Additionally, it acted as anti-debuff mechanic, which was undesirable. When it could be made not to remove debuffs, that would function as a new special case that’s different from regular invulnerability and it might add new complexity for gamers to memorize. Rather, we would like to further reduce the length of this spell but increase its power of the impact, giving greater advantage even when closed down by opponents.
- Base damage in bear form increased from 23 to 24.
Programmers’ notes: ” We think bears may use a bit more power in the mid-to-late match in general, particularly against Undead. Additionally, with Individual vs. Night Elf rifle pushes frequently occurring right when only a few bears are out, we believed that a slight bear enthusiast would assist defenders just that little bit more to keep them in the match.
Druid of the Talon
- Gold price decreased from 145 to 135.
Developers’ notes: Formerly Druids of the Talon had their gold cost increased due to equilibrium concerns with them in the Orc vs. Night Elf matchup. The meta has changed quite a bit since then, and so we’d like to lessen their cost back to its previous value to better encourage their usage.
- Impale cannot be interrupted. Units knocked airborne may currently take damage and be attacked.
- Two brand new info variables in map editor: Airborne Units Vulnerable, Uninterruptible.
- Programmers’ notes: The being whose might cannot be matched is getting a tune-up in this patch. Previously the Impale capacity was hardcoded to become interruptible and also make units hit by it invulnerable while airborne. Unlike other channeled skills, giving a move order into a command group containing a Crypt Lord casting Impale would cause it to move and offset the ability. This change removes this annoyance. Furthermore, making airborne units vulnerable no longer induces units to lose auto attack concentrate on Impaled units. Airborne units continue to be untargetable by spells though. This was left set from an abundance of caution for introducing unintended bugs.
- More programmers’ notes: Speaking of bugs, our buff to Carrion Beetles should greatly encourage a new experimentation with this rather rarely picked ability. The Crypt Lord can cause a swarm of summons much earlier and with less mana spent to either scout opponents or make ancient game pushes. We will be monitoring if this proves to be too much of an issue in the early match, but we feel these changes entire give the ability that a much stronger personality.
- Animate Dead mana cost decreased from 175 to 125.
- Programmers’ notes: ” We hear rather frequent feedback that this ability is just one of the lower tier ones. Directly buffing it too much at this time seemed unwise, as the Death Knight itself is very infrequent to Undead’s best approaches, and buffing it further might reinforce this. But, we do think its mana cost can be reduced to be more suitable with its perceived energy level.
- Base hit points decreased from 190 to 180.
- Programmers’ notes: This is aimed mostly at the Individual vs. Undead extreme early match. In this case, at the greatest levels, each peasant killed during a fast expansion is very valuable, and conflicts around that are usually won by inches rather than miles. Returning Skeleton Warriors for their previous health state should help Humans (and other races to some level ) to stabilize better in the early game.
Programmers’ notes: The Ritual Dagger has yet to really find an area in high level Undead build orders. Increasing its wellbeing regenerated should allow it to better compete with items like Scroll of Regeneration, particularly considering that at 175 hit points along with two charges per item, it would restore 350 hit points total. From a higher-level perspective, this change in addition to the enthusiast to Carrion Beetles could make this item an interesting pick for Crypt Lord first players.
- Summon Bear mana cost decreased from 125 to 100.
- Programmers’ notes: In the highest level of play, the Beastmaster has dropped off in usage over time. While we believe this is primarily because of modifications in the meta, we want to provide a boost to an ability which was underutilized even when Beastmasters roamed freely. In particular, a degree 2 Beastmaster beginning at full mana that always uses their summon abilities when off cooldown will currently have the ability to summon an additional Quilbeast when paired with Summon Quilbeast or an extra bear when paired with Summon Hawk.
- A device affected by Doom now has its movement rate slowed by 50%.
- Added two new data factors in map editor: Movement Speed Variable, Maximum Creep Level.
Developers’ notes: The Pitlord has come very far in recent times, getting something more than just a super market choice for styling opponents. With looking over supreme abilities we want to provide this one a bit more of a boost to reduce the capability of an opponent to run an afflicted unit to someplace more secluded or even favorable. Additionally, we surfaced a long-hidden factor that controls the most creep level that may be affected with Doom. While this does not impact competitive multiplayer, it should be helpful for custom game creators.
- Volcano eruption waves decreased from 8 to 5. Wave period reduced from 5 seconds to 3 minutes. Greater construction damage variable from 2 to 3. No longer impacts friendly units/structures.
Developers’ notes: ” We consider the principal issue with Volcano is the fact that it’s too unreliable and too balanced around its maximum damage outputsignal, which can be unrealistic for a channeled ultimate. These modifications decrease the total damage potential of the Volcano in exchange for being far more reliable and hitting much faster. Removing the capability for it to influence friendly units also needs to make Volcano simpler in combat. No longer praying to Ragnaros for the flaming boulders to miss one’s own units!
- Tornado Random wander behavior eliminated. Mana cost reduced from 200 to 125. Duration decreased from 40 seconds to 20 minutes. Far construction damage per second increased from 7 to 14.
- Programmers’ notes: Much like another channeled ultimates in this update, we consider that a main issue with this capability was that getting value in the spell took a long time when compared with its opportunity price. So, the damage has been improved and duration decreased overall. The mana cost was reduced as the Sea Witch may be among the more intensive mana users, which may crowd out the chance to cast this ultimate spell. Generally, players should always feel in control of the units and their components will follow orders to the letter. The random wander, while visually quite trendy, goes against this principle and usually made the spell demand an excessive amount of micromanagement when compared to the payoff it provided.
Blue Dragon Whelp, Blue Drake, and Blue Dragon
- Added a passive icon indicating that the device has an attack which slows targets.
- Unit tooltip updated to say that these units have a bomb assault.
Programmers’ notes: This really is a standard of life change.
Breath of Frost
- Size and shape of this power altered to match loaf of Fire.
- Programmers’ notes: This capacity is solely used from the Blue Dragonspawn Overseer. In the past this capability’s visual appeared like a cone, just like Breath of Fire, however, was actually employing the dimensions and shape of Shockwave. This has now been corrected to use exactly the exact same size and form as Breath of Fire.
- Potion of Greater Mana mana revived reduced from 300 to 250.
- Potion of Mana mana restored decreased from 150 to 125. Gold cost decreased from 200 to 150.
- Developers’ notes:” We Would like to predominate in the energy of this Potion of Greater Mana and, at the same time, experiment a bit with all the regular Potion of Mana. Currently seen as an emergency thing, this shift makes it slightly more gold-efficient and contrasts its gold price with that of Potion of Healing, making them more of an immediate comparison.
- Pendant of Energy, Mana supplied decreased from 150 to 100
- Programmers’ notes: Together With the Greater Mana Potion, the Pendant of Energy often gets feedback it provides too much mana for where the item shows up about the item table. Lowering the mana provided should make it more in line with different things in its table.
- Red Drake Egg Removed from default level 5 charged item fall list.
- Blue Drake Egg is a new level 5 charged Item which summons a Blue Drake to get 180 seconds, with 1 Charge.
- Idol of the Wild is a new level 5 billed Item which summons a Furbolg Tracker for 180 seconds, with 1 charge.
- Developers’ note: One of the level 5 charged items, there are clearly two less desirable things among them, the Talisman and the Red Drake Egg. In both circumstances, the summoned components supply just a bit of damage and a few tanking ability whilst still providing the opponent experience for their devastation. We want to maintain the coolness of getting items that call onto monsters but change what has been brought in. With the Blue Drake supplying a frost breath assault and the Furbolg Tracker bringing Faerie Fire, these two units currently align with the Rock Golem and Fel Stalker by giving utility along with damage and tanking.
- Developers’ notice: Though the Talisman and Red Drake Egg might have been viewed since the weakest of level 5 charged items, the Scroll of Restoration is unquestionably the strongest. This is particularly true for team games. Lowering the healing it provides down to be equivalent to a Scroll of Healing should help bring down it to the level of different items within this tier.
- Scepter of Mastery is a charged level 6 item that requires permanent control of an enemy unit, with a variety of 600 and one Charge. Cannot be employed on Heroes or creeps above level 5.
- Scroll of Resurrection eliminated from default amount 6 billed drop list.
- Programmers’ notes: Like level 5 charged items, there were just two that looked to be weaker than others for level 6 charged items. These scrolls only really worked when a conflict was well underway with losses mounting. That means that their worth was hard to judge whether the summon things have a lot more flexibility. Keeping with the topic of billed items on this tier being ultimate skills, we decided to bring in an analog for Transmute and Charm, which ought to be more directly comparable to earning a summoned unit by immediately denying among your competitor’s units.
- Inferno Stone fall amount increased from Level 6 Fragrant to Level 7 Artifact.
- Engraved Scale is a brand new Charged level 6 item, which summons a Blue Dragonspawn Overseer for 180 seconds, with 1 Charge.
- Developers’ notes: Frequently mentioned as one of the most powerful things in the match and often the focal point of level 6 charged items being too imbalanced for 1v1 is the Inferno Stone. We wish to try to move it up a tier whilst substituting it with a brand new summon item to find out if we can promote increased usage of this category of items in map making while balancing out team and free for all avenues that utilize it. The Blue Dragonspawn Overseer behaves a sort of defensive parallel into the Furbolg Ursa Warrior by supplying a Devotion Aura and with the passive Evasion ability built in. Breath of Frost also provides it a good area of effect alternative like other summons within this tier.
- No longer unloads instantly. Now has a 0.5 second delay, like Zeppelins.
- Level reduced from 2 to 1.
- Hit points reduced from 1500 to 900.
- Armor type shifted from heavy to Light.
- Maximum prices in a shipyard decreased from 3 to 2.
- Initial inventory delay rose from 0 to 120.
- Fix time increased to 30 from 25, same as Zeppelins.
- Programmers’ notes: Though it is not utilized in any current ladder maps, we wish to upgrade this unit for nautically inclined map makers. In a number of neighborhood tournaments there’ve been some promising use of Ships as a map feature, but they can use some tuning. The current stats for the transport boat are geared towards use in single player modes, which makes it somewhat overly overturned as an option for competitive multiplayer. The main change , however, is that components will unload one at a time as opposed to all at once, which gave the boat users too much advantage in pulling off aggressive maneuvers, especially for landing near an opponent’s foundation with siege damage components.
MERCENARY CAMP UPDATES
Another area we wish to address in this balance patch is opening up a little more map design choices for the map making network. Mercenary Camps provide a way to both adjust how matchups play out, in addition to provide extra map selection. However, just the Lordaeron Summer camp has seen widespread usage in the competitive arena. We’ve looked at all the Mercenary Camps and corrected their unit offerings to bring them more in line with this Lordaeron Summer mercenary camp, while also offering diverse choices of units/abilities provided.. We are trying out having two accessibility times to unify the Mercenary Camps somewhat, by lessening the number of numbers players have to memorize: brief (120 seconds), medium (220 seconds), and long (440 minutes ). It’s likely that further adjustments to unit offerings or even the unit costs/availability is going to be needed, thus we are interested in map and player maker thoughts on such changes.
Cityscape / Dalaran
Underground / Dungeon
- Old: Kobold Geomancer, Burning Archer, Wildkin
- New: Kobold Geomancer, Burning Archer, Wildkin, Frost Revenant
Black Citadel / Outland
- Old: Fel Beast, Draenei Disciple, Voidwalker, Draenei Darkslayer
- Brand New: Bloodfiend, Draenei Disciple, Voidwalker, Skeletal Orc Grunt
- Old: Murloc Flesheater, Sludge Flinger, Satyr Soulstealer
- Brand New: Murloc Flesheater, Sludge Monstrosity, Satyr Shadowdancer, Spitting Spider
- Old: Kobold, Murcloc Huntsman, Assassin, Kobold Geomancer
- New: Kobold Tunneler, Kobold Taskmaster, Assassin, Kobold Geomancer
Mercenary Camp Units
- Initial inventory delay rose from 110 seconds to 220 seconds
- Gold price increased from 250 to 260
- Initial inventory delay rose from 0 seconds to 220 minutes
- Max stock dropped from 3 to 1
- Gold price increased from 170 to 240
Blue Dragonspawn Warrior
- Gold price increased from 255 to 300
- Lumber cost decreased from 30 to 0
- Initial inventory delay rose from 60 seconds to 220 seconds
- Initial stock delay decreased from 440 minutes to 120 seconds
- Initial inventory delay rose from 60 minutes to 220 minutes
Dark Troll Berserker
- Initial inventory delay decreased by 440 minutes to 220 minutes
- Gold cost diminished from 255 to 245
- Initial stock delay decreased by 440 minutes to 120 seconds
- Gold price decreased from 195 to 175
- Initial stock delay decreased from 135 seconds to 120 minutes
- Stock replenishment delay rose from 90 minutes to 110
- Gold cost increased from 155 to 195
- Lumber cost decreased from 15 to 10
- Initial stock delay decreased by 440 minutes to 220 seconds
- Gold cost decreased from 255 to 215
- Lumber cost decreased from 30 to 0
- Initial stock delay rose from 60 minutes to 120 minutes
- Gold cost decreased from 215 to 140
- Lumber cost decreased from 20 to 0
- Gold cost dropped from 215 to 180
- Initial inventory delay decreased by 640 seconds to 440 minutes
Ice Troll Priest
- Initial stock delay decreased from 440 minutes to 120 seconds
- Gold price diminished from 195 to 175
- Gold price dropped from 255 to 215
- Initial stock delay decreased by 440 minutes to 120 seconds
- Gold price decreased from 215 to 150
- Lumber price decreased from 20 to 0
- Initial stock delay decreased by 440 seconds to 120 minutes
- Gold cost increased from 105 to 195
- Lumber price increased from 0 to 10
- Gold price rose from 215 to 265
- Lumber cost increased from 20 to 30
- Initial inventory delay increased from 60 seconds to 120 minutes
- Initial inventory delay rose from 60 minutes to 120 seconds
- Gold cost decreased from 215 to 205
- Initial stock delay decreased by 440 seconds to 220 minutes
- Initial inventory delay increased from 60 minutes to 120 seconds
- Initial inventory delay rose from 330 minutes to 440 seconds
- Gold cost decreased from 255 to 200
- Lumber price dropped from 30 to 20
- Initial stock delay decreased by 440 minutes to 220 minutes
- Gold price increased from 215 to 235
- Lumber cost increased from 20 to 30
- Initial inventory delay decreased from 440 minutes to 220 minutes
- Gold cost increased from 180 to 190
- Initial stock delay decreased by 440 seconds to 120 seconds
- Lumber cost decreased from 20 to 10
- Gold cost rose from 255 to 320
- Lumber cost increased from 30 to 50
- Gold cost increased from 155 to 245
- Lumber cost increased from 15 to 30
BALANCE RELATED BUGFIXES
- Makrura Deepseer creeps will no longer sometimes cease to respond to enemy units when being assaulted by a single unit or hero.
- Developers’ note: As an intriguing aside, this insect originates in the Summon Prawns ability. Like many abilities, Summon Prawns corrects the behavior of the device it’s assigned to. Typically, this is for deciding when to throw an authority or who to aim with this. Although this bug only affects the Murkura Deepseer in multiplayer, this repair should also clear up some AI strangeness for units using it in custom games.
- Things can no more be destroyed by projectiles while in a hero’s inventory.
- Developers’ notice: While we really do want to maintain the counterplay choice of killing things as a way of denial, we would like to deal with this particular strange behavior. Now if a projectile is in mid-flight, it’ll always do damage to an item, regardless of whether or not it had been picked up. This felt particularly odd when a high-speed hero could pick an item up, move away, then suddenly lose the item because of slow moving projectiles landing at the item’s previous site. In addition, this behavior now matches how units picked up with a Zeppelin functions.
- Breath of Fire (Brewmaster)
- Starting projectile size rose from 120 to 125 at level 2, matches level 1 and 3 starting size.
- Developers’ note: This legacy insect hasn’t caused any observable problems, however we wanted to clean up the discrepancy between levels.
Map Pool Rotation
- Removed: Dalaran
- Added: Brightwater Oasis
- Developers’ note: Brightwater Oasis contains a new interesting map feature. Each facet of this map will have 1 Goblin Merchant and 1 Goblin Laboratory, but every will spawn in one of two places. This provides an interesting wrinkle to correcting one’s creeping and attack paths based on map conditions. These places are linked and symmetric so there should not be equilibrium concerns around one player using a shorter space to a shop than the opposing player.
- Removed: Phantom Grove LV
- Additional: Circle of Fallen Heroes
- Removed: Rolling Hills
- Added: Guardians
- Removed: Banewood Bog LV
- Additional: Northern Felwood
Free For All
- Removed: Mur’gul Oasis LV
- Additional: Greenville Woods
Terenas Stand LV
- Critters added into the map
- Green Gnoll camps close player start locations now has an extra level 1 Gnoll and the Gnoll Brute drops a level 1 power-up item.
- Programmers’ notice: We want to make taking the Gnoll camp feel a bit more rewarding. It also strikes a breakpoint where one hero can reach level 3 by creeping the Gnoll camp and two yellow decks beyond the’front’ of each starting location. Previously, two start places could do so, but the other two would result in a hero just slightly short of level 3.
- Additional extra trees and doodads behind the south west rise to address instances of player units becoming stuck in unpathable locations after using a Scroll of Town Portal.
- Filled in various pathing holes around the outer borders of the map.
- Developers’ note: Though it was uncommon for players to get their units stuck behind the southwest expansion location, and stuck components could be freed through destroying trees, we want to fix the problem more directly.
- Critters added into the map
- Removed 2 Apprentice Wizards in the south and north reddish decks. Reduced the thing fall from the Ogre Magi in degree 6 Charged to par 5 Charged.
- Developers’ notice: ” There was feedback that the Ogre Magi in the map’s north and south centre red decks were somewhat too easy to pull off and kill in the early game. This could lead to a effective degree 6 Charged items being dropped early on, that could make rush strategies too powerful. To address this, we reduce the degree of the thing while creating the camp marginally easier entire to reflect the lower degree of item dropped.
Twilight Ruins LV
- Removed a Skeletal Grunt and substituted it with two wheeled Archers at each of the middle red creep camps.
- Developers’ notice: Previously these creep camps lacked some anti-air elements aside from Death Coil. This gave gamers who hurried to air components, Undead especially, a bit too much of the edge when creeping. This change should make these camps require more investment and time to take down.